Brad was able to go with the young men on the 50 miler backpacking trip, trekking across the mountains. Although I was in Utah, I sure did miss him. Having no contact with him for a week was really lonely and different. He does go on business trips a lot, but we still talked to one another, in the evenings or during the day, but having absolutely not contact with him, was hard. I'm glad he's back. He had so much fun. When Roger dropped him off at the house, Lucy just looked up at him, staring at all the facial hair (Brad is always clean shaving, so this was weird for her to see) So she looked at him and then at Roger, and back at Brad and said "Dad" and then giggled "Your dirty!"
This picture looks like he almost didn't make it. A mosquito bite right by his eye. Ouch!
Check this out! Keep in mind that pack weighs about 7olbs.
I went on a 50 miler when I was a youth. I loved it. Being out in the wild, totally secluded. It makes ya want to frolic around, in the nude, cause nobody is gonna notice. I don't think they did that though. I love the feeling of being way out in the middle of nowhere, surround all by God's creations...minus the thought of Bears of course.
There is beauty all around!
I might be able to make some hikers out. John, Nick, Brother Yuen, Mikko, Bishop, Eithan, and David. (I think I have them right)
Some of us just want to do this, just thinking about doing a 50 mile trek threw the woods.
There is my mountain man!
A pretty meadow, perfect with wild flowers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment