My interpretation of falling off the ban-wagon is getting pneumonia. For a couple of weeks I've been stuffy and congested and not feeling well. It all got out of hand and went south really fast. Last week I had to call Brad home from work. I just couldn't take care of the three little ones at home. But I did successfully get the older ones to school...on time! I barely had the strength to open the garage door. I was really sick!
Brad and his Dad gave me a wonderful, very specific blessing. It said my body would be healed. And that is what happened. I am feeling so much better and getting back my strength daily.
Brad did a Great job being Mr. Mom. Thanks for caring for me, Brad! But he just couldn't take anymore days off work. So my Mom came up from Ut to help out. I've had a lot of help from Brad, my Mom, wonderful delicious meals from sisters in the ward, people have invited my children over for play dates, and a dear friend who brought flowers to cheer me up. I love you all. Thanks for all the prayers too.
Now that I'm better, I can say "Dang I was sick". And am Thankful my Heavenly Father blessed my body to recover. I'm thankful for the priesthood. The same priesthood our Savior held when He was on the earth, restored by Joseph Smith, and so we have it today. My husband is a holder of that priesthood and with his earthly Father was able to give me a blessing with that power, from Heaven. I had a little miracle happen in my life. Healed by the power of God! I am Thankful for the knowledge that I am a daughter of God. I know God hears our prayers and our pleads and knows our hearts. I've felt the Holy Ghost this last week in my life.
I've officially climbed back on the "ban-wagon" (I'm not really sure what that is, actually)
But, I'm back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
We're glad you're feeling so much better!
So I had planned on calling you to tell you "get better" but we had our own sickies here. Everyone except John got the flu. Not the pukies but the achy, sore throat, stuffy nose, fever, chills, want to die flu. I'm not complaining though-No one here has pneumonia :) Jayda has had it twice so far in her little life and everytime she gets sick I watch her like a hawk cuz it does go downhill fast! Glad you're feeling better! Our prayers helped I see! :)
Annie,
I'm so sorry you got sick. You goof I'm only a few hours away...*lol*.. Glad your mom was able to come up & help & what a great guy brad is...
Hang in there kiddo. You know you are almost 30 it will be harder to get over those ailments.
Love ya!!
Sorry to hear that you have been so sick! Too bad you are not here in Utah...I could have taken care of you. Isn't it the best knowing that the power of a priesthood blessing is in the hands of loved ones! It isn't always what we hoped, but most importantly gives us what we need and let's us know that Heavenly Father is truly with us. It is an amazing gift! I am happy to hear you are doing better! Take care of yourself!
Sorry you got it! I got the same thing right before Thanksgiving and I never knew a person could get that sick and still survive. Glad you're back up to speed it seemed to take me forever. My email is cgmower@gmail.com. It would be fun if I was by your sister.
Ok,
I just talked to your Mom and she said you need to take it slow, that you think you are "better" then you are! Girlfriend you need to REST! Get in bed, take a NAP!
SLOW DOWN!
So Anne-just a little note to tell you that my dad records all the PPV fights so if you guys ever want to borrow any just let me know I think I could sneak a few! :)
It was so nice talking to you the other day. Boy it made me miss my Anne! (By the way, we signed off the Cubs gameboard thingy that weekend. Thanks!)
I am so glad you are feeling better, I was worried about you. When I heard you had pneumonia I felt so bad for you. It is amazing how fast you recovered. I love the priesthood and it is so wonderful to know that we have it in our lives.
Post a Comment