This is a really long post. That's your disclaimer. I had to catch you up on everything.
Last week was Mid-Winter break. I had so much fun with my kids this last week. They were so good. They did their chores when asked, not too much sibling fighting, and we played hard!
We met up with my friends Tarja and Hannu at the ice skating center. Owen was able to get a lesson because his friend Eerik takes lessons there. So Jaeger and I went along. The boys had never before ice skated. Another motive...Owen can earn an arrow for cub scouts if he does it. Anyway we all get on the ice and Jaeger decides he is NOT liking it. Starts crying. They both tell me their feet hurt. I reassure them that's normal, your feet have to get used to it, just wiggle your toes to get out the stiffness out. Jaeger decides he is cold and wants to stop and starts crying louder.
I tell him, well lets go around two more times to see if he likes it then. the gate passes, and passes and he's like wait I want to go home. Now Owen is saying he wants to stop. So finally after 1/2 hour of this I take them to the bench sit them down and tell the to sit there and take off their skates, but I'm going back out. Tarja and Hannu sit by them and let me skate. So I'm having the time of my life. one, cause I do like to ice skate and second two grumpy kids are watching me have a good time skating. And I'm waving at them smiling from ear to ear. Trying to get the point across that this is really fun and they are missing out! On the side lines Jaeger is glaring at me. And both boys are not returning my eager waves.
So we go home and all the way home I kept saying to them "Man that was tons of fun. I really like to ice skate that was fun." and low and behold by the evening Owen and Jaeger individually said to me "Mom I think I like to ice skate, that was fun!" I'm thinking mission accomplished. We might try it again Saturday, to reinforce that ice skating is fun. This picture is of Tarja, Jaeger, Anne and Hannu.
I absolutely love them. They have been such good friends. They go back to Finland this summer...for good. I am going to miss them dearly. Thank goodness for the Internet. They will always have a special spot in my heart. Its hard to believe we met when Luke was just a baby. So for the record I'm dreading the end of July. I don't want them to go!!!
Okay I usually write things about the picture below the picture. But everyone does it above the picture. I'm thinking I might have things mixed up so I'll try it "your" way.
This is a weird and random picture, but its so funny. This is Savanah and I sleeping. She must have flip flopped right on me. I kid you not, we are both out for the night. Brad took the photo.
Brad: "Hey Cameron are you wearing my bow?"
Cameron replies "No, this is my bow!"
Brad: "Can I wear your bow?"
Cameron: "Boys" or "Daddies" depending on the day "don't wear bows"
Brad: "Will you make me one so I can wear it?"
The conversation varies, but Brad always asks Cameron about her bows... the other night her mom and I and some other ladies were making bows and Cameron grabbed this bow stuck it on her head, and her mom says "Hey this could be Brads bow!"
So Brad here is the proof that Cameron made you a bow. Its very colorful, sure to match any and all colors you might be wear at the time. I'm sure if Cameron was right here blogging with me She would tell you, Brad that you can have this bow!
I had a GREAT Birthday!
This is from the family birthday party. Brad didn't even want me to get my own cake, nor did he want me to see the cake until the party. So he sent a good friend undercover and her special secret mission was to pick one up for me. It was perfect.
Cheesecake Factory. My new favorite place to eat out. I was awarded the only birthday guest that night to actually take a picture of their dessert. Give me a break-I'm a blogger, I take my camera everywhere!
Laura, Anne, Chanin
Timothy, Brad and Ben



3 comments:
So so fun!
ps. Chanin looks BEAUTIFUL in that picture!
Glad you had a great birthday and got to celebrate in style! I love the picture of Savanah in the fridge. Too cute!!
Looks like you had a wonderful day. I'm glad your hubby does things for your birthday. Maybe he can teach mine a thing or two. I love the picture of the three girls and I agree with Laura that Chanin looks beautiful as do Anne and Laura! Miss you tons! I'm glad you can't see my blubbering face right now.
Post a Comment