Saturday, December 19, 2009

Christmas Programs and Santa

It's that time of year when school puts on Christmas programs. Lucy almost chickened out and it looked like she barely sang. But she did it. And I'm proud of her! This picture is so Lucy.
Can you spot her?

When we walked into the chapel the cross is the first thing my kids noticed. Lucy attends a Lutheran Preschool therefore we met in their chapel. And totally wigged out my kids! In my faith we do not have symbols of the cross up. We celebrate the fact that Jesus is alive and resurrected. We believe Jesus did die on the cross and suffered for every ones sins. We don't display crosses.

They had some beautiful pipes. Brad snuck up on the balcony to take these. Meanwhile I was downstairs with all the kids trying to get cookies and drinks in the crowd which was squishy. He was gone so long I seriously thought he had gone to the car.

Savanah was done by the time we got into the car.
Friday night our ward had our Christmas Dinner Party.
Dawn invited Kat who is a friend from school.
Dawn, Anne, Kat
Jaron and Luke were "Super Funny". As Luke would say.
These two boys played all night..
and into the program. running free and wild.

"Brothers from another Mother"
Sums up this picture. And then I found this one. Luke actually took this photo of Jaron.
They had a good time.

Oh that makes me laugh.
Santa
I over heard Owen ask Santa for a cell phone. And in line he was telling everyone he was also asking for a laptop, iPhone, PSP, and a DS. As I was smirking at the bling bling list my son was rattling off. Brother Young gently leans over to me and says to me in a gentle quiet voice "Now, Sister Redford, you don't want to squash the spirit of Santa."
HEHEHE
Luke said he would shake his hand and sit on the bench. And gladly take the candy.
His eyes lit up when Santa walked into the room.

Savanah sat on Santa's lap!! She was good with the whole thing.
Not pictured: Jaeger. He has never sat on Santa's lap.
And absolutely refuses to do so even at age 7.

3 comments:

The Gang said...

Lovin this crazy bloggin stuff. Luke is looking SO grown up!! Keep em rollin!

Chanin said...

Oh, Anne, you made my night. Those boys are so funny. When they would wander up my way they were lying on their backs and pushing with their legs across the floor. I asked them what they were doing and they said, "Swimmin', Mom!" It was so cute. I love these pictures. Can I steal them?

Steph said...

As kids get older gone are the days of getting by with a $10 toy. Now their tastes are getting more and more expensive every year. Cute pictures. We miss the Benson Hill Christmas parties. Have a very Merry Christmas.