Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The fish are spawning!

This is one of my favorite times of year. When the salmon are spawning. My mom used to read me a book call "Red Tag Comes Home". A cute little story about a boy and the life cycle of salmon. My children love and enjoy it as much as I did. I love watching these fish. I can't help but send my love to these momma fish who are laying their eggs, guarding them and will soon die. A natural life cycle but I can't help but send my momma love to them as they do their duty. We found a great bend in the river to throw rocks but had to climb down a very steep hill to get there. Every one's rear end was covered in mud. Owen and his best bud Johnathan.

Savanah was happy with the launching of her rock.

It is getting cold here. But that does not stop my Lucy. She sat down in the water.

They all found "the right" stick to carry around and beg to bring home.

I liked this one. We are on the bridge looking down on the fish.

We stopped at the park. Luke and his death defying trick on the duck.

No one is going to show her up.

Doesn't this make you happy all over.

1 comment:

The Gang said...

hahaha I read that book when I was a kid too! Totally forgot about it actually, maybe I'll have to look it up at the library!