Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Gotta Try

For FHE we made homemade ice-cream.
It was so easy smeasy and fun I've got to pass it on!
Ice Cream in a bag
1/2 c milk or half-n-half ( I used half-n-half)
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 TBSP sugar
Ice 1/4 c rock salt
2 quart sized freezer zip-lock bags
1 gallon freezer zip-lock bag
Add half-n-half, vanilla, and sugar together pour into quart size baggie. You can double baggie if for spill safety, but I didn't. In a gallon zip-lock bag add ice and salt then add baggie full of quart ice cream mixture. Get out your gloves or a dish towel and roll it about until done.
Some of my kids couldn't wait for ice cream stage so they had a milkshake. But I waited and it was Good! Give it a try!
My last post was back in July. I didn't think it was that long ago. Thanks John P. for mentioning it had been a while since an update. It's nice to know people really read this thing. Here is a July-Sept re-cap....
-At cub scout camp Owen fell and skinned his hand and it looked pretty deep so I got to, for the first time use....superglue on a cut. I've always wanted to do that. mark that off the "list" of to dos.
-we put Luke into kindergarten this year. He is doing really well. Loves school and loves to be said "Hi" to by all the older kids who know his name. He's so cool, you know.
-We camped on the Washington coast, Ocean Shores, this year. FUN! I didn't have one tsunami dream or freak out moment. (Which is big for me) I even let my kids get in the ocean up to their thighs. Lucy got knocked over by a big wave which put her all the way under. Thank heavens I didn't see that one. Momma would have freaked out.
-Lucy turned seven.
-Luke turned five.
-Met my Mom at Royal Slope to which Glen Howard (step-dad) fell out of the motor home and broke his hip and some pelvis bones. Very scary situation, but he is healing and doing well. I just love that man!
-Had a great weekend of organizing with my mother-in-law.
-Brad went on the high adventure with the YM. They hiked around Forks, WA. In the Olympic forest down by La Push beach. Ring a bell ladies? Na, He didn't see any vampires or werewolves (I'm a total team Edward By the way)
-Getting the morning school routine, homework routine, No TV during the week routine, making lunches routine. Were working on it all.
-I'm in full fundraiser mode for PTA. You might not see another post till that is over.
-Savanah is adjusting to being the only one home. She has had some withdrawals. just a little.
-I'm working on a Lego quilt. So excited about that.
-Brad is doing fantastic at work.
-Betty the dog is progressing with behavior. We just love her.
-Owen got his own room.
-sadly laptop put itself in a timeout, so, no pictures with this post. Its just not as fun posting without a picture.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Thanks for the update Anne. It's about time! I'll have to talk to Brad more often.