We had a tree break through the back fence.
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Ice storm 2012
Seattle had a big ice storm this last week. It was bizarre I tell you. In the winter we usually get rain, rain and more rain. Last week we got snow and then it froze and then it rained and froze again, then rained and froze. Sometimes it will snow and will melt before you can have any fun in it. It's a week later and I still have snow outside along the streets and in the yard. Remember snow is very uncommon here in my neighbor hood.
Our power was out for about 28 hours. I had to use the temporary fridge on the deck. In the morning our temp upstairs was 40 degrees. downstairs was 60 degrees. But we slept warm. Had so much fun "camping" in the house and entertaining each other. The kids put together a Good Luck Charlie episode for us. Owen woke up disoriented and yelling. That's always fun.
Look how thick the ice was. So many trees fell over. One morning I woke up early and stood on the deck and listened to all the branches breaking from the trees behind our house in the green belt. It was a show. Big branches were breaking everywhere. Plus I heard at least three big trees fall down. It was a massive earth moving rumble sound. I didn't feel it just heard it.
wet boots. wet boots. wet boots.
This is what it looked like out my front door.
Dad and the kids taking advantage of all the wonderful snow. Dad doesn't play in the snow often so here is my journal entry photo of Dad actually playing and having fun in the snow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment