Owen turns eight!
To a Mormon kid, turning eight means you get to be baptized. What a wonderful day it was. It rained really hard that day and after the baptism a rainbow was in the sky. Just like the song "When I am Baptized". Here are the words for those of you who are curious
1. I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again.
2. I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away,
2. I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away,
And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day.
Chorus: I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
Chorus: I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain.
I want to be the best I can and live with God again.
This is a favorite birthday pose for Owen. We have past birthday photos of him doing this same pose.



2 comments:
Anne,
You are on the ball. I keep thinking I have to post pictures of Brennan's day. Our boys are amazing aren't they. I keep freaking out and then get kind of sad because Brennan is my last. I can't believe he is our last kid to be baptized and I can't believe my youngest is 8. I must be old. As for the scripture thing, Brennan did something similar. He wanted to mark the sacrament prayers because we had been talking about that before his baptism to help him understand stand some of the covenants he would be making. I teared up, I was so so touched. Next stop...Deacon!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY OWEN! Saturday sure was a special day. It was nice to see your home, Anne. When Brad was baptizing Owen, I kinda teared up just because its something he's been waiting for his whole life to baptize his child, and now its his first one. It was a great day.
Post a Comment