Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Midnight thoughts

-When the hubby is out of town. The house just feels different! Tonight the kids and I were on the couch watching TV and Owen said "Shhhh Mom I hear something. Turn down the TV" I just about jumped out of my skin. Like a little kid does when they are asked to walk into a dark kitchen. That freaked me out. I almost had to call the Nelsons--and have Zanda come sit with me, maybe all night. I'm sure she and and Bruce would have loooved that. (I love ya Zanda!) It was just his alarm clock going off. He must of confused the am and pm. I was ready to have everyone hid in the closet.

-Tonight on Top Chef, Hosea won. I realized now that its all said and done, I was secretly rooting for Stefan even though he has a very large hot head. (It must have been his accent) In a way I'm glad Hosea won, Stefan and Carla both have their own businesses, so now Hosea can start his own. But...we must not forget and I'm sure his girlfriend won't either, He totally cheated on his girlfriend. He's in trouble! That $100,000.00 might have really saved his behind on the home front. Na, Stefan won so many quick fires to not consider that in the last challenge was a mistake. A foreign man/with an accent/who likes to cook dessert! maybe that's why I was rooting for him. (Don't worry Brad, I love your Canadian accent!)

-I love living in a neighbor hood. Having kids over to my house to play with my kids is really the perfect picket fence picture for me. Its the cherry on the top for living in a real house. I have really enjoyed the EXTRA space. Another reason why I love living in a neighbor hood is the GREAT neighbors. (Note the name Nelson in the first paragraph)

-I can't get over how fun mid-winter break was. The weather was perfect. Today it basically rained slush and it rained all day long. Which I'm not complaining about, it was beautiful. I have always loved the rain. I'm just glad we had sunshine for break and rain now that school is back in.

-For those of you who want Girl Scout Cookies, I know a girl in Pebble Cove (N) who sells them. I saw all of the boxes in their living room. I would have no self control. Thin mints and Samoas are my favorite. What are your favorite? Did you know they have ice cream with girl scout cookies in them. Be careful though, one night...a long time ago and many skinny jean size smaller, my sister-in-law, Melissa and I ate the entire carton of tagalong cookie ice cream. When we were done we looked at each other like "Did you just eat all that" and laughed. Now we laugh harder.

-Lukie was sick today. I sat on the couch and held him most of the day. He is such a active kid. For him to slow down like that and to let me just hold him. Lets just say it was tender mommy moment. Aren't his eyelashes just so thick and black! Holy Cow! I'm thankful for the hours I got to hold my sweet little two year old.

-I thought of my sister a lot today. Her hubby is out of town for two possibly three weeks. She has two small children. Its hard when the hubby is gone. That was my life for two years, while Brad worked at the paper. Its hard work. I caught her at a tender moment when I called her and to hear her tears, I wanted to jump through the phone and put my arms around her....and bring her to my house...whip her into shape! (smile) I thought of old memories of us together growing up. I loved to go through your room. And boy would that make you mad. I also knew, no matter what you had my back. And, I think it was my fault the clutch in your Honda went out so many times. I love you my sissster!

5 comments:

DJ and Melissa said...

Oh yea I remember that. They shouldn't be allowed to sell that ice cream. Its is too good.

The Gang said...

I slept with a knife on my nightstand when Sean would work nights at Lowes. I'm glad the kids never found it! And thanks for spillin the beans about Hosea.:) I haven't watched it yet!! Thats ok cuz even though you were secretly voting for Stefan I was secretly not liking Stefan at all! Funny! Sorry you are home alone-it sucks!! :) Kim

The Gang said...

Oh and I forgot-I found a free ticker site. Mine is at the very bottom of my blog. If you click on it it will give you directions to get your own if you want. I put mine on last Monday and have had over 230 visitors. WOW! Part of it was the contest though. People seeing what they were up against!

kali said...

I love reading your blog. Hey I wanted to also let you know I got your message, thanks for thinking about me I am feeling so much better. I was so lucky that Jake had a three day weekend and was home and able to help out.

Dawn W said...

Oh, I love the snuggle time little ones so freely give when they aren't feeling well. Such mixed emotions as a mother - you want them to get well and never be sick, but you love the time you get to hold them while they're little (and holding still). So sorry Brad's been gone.