Sunday, March 8, 2009

Savanah turns one

I found this on the camera. It was taken by Owen. I think he has some potential to be a great photographer. I love the picture he takes. I've started another hobby. Its making hair bows. I watched links from youtube to learn, then a bunch of gals came over one night to make them. We didn't know what the heck we were doing, but as we sat and worked the ribbon and shared techniques that worked...we cranked out some cute bows. These black and red ones are my second attempt at it. I have a lot of nieces with March birthdays. These pictures aren't very good. The top red one has dog paw marks on it (hum I wonder which niece likes pets and has a LOT of them? shhh don't tell)
And I found this cute soccor ribbon. The ribbon world is huge! Standing in front of an isle of just ribbon of all colors, prints, dots, strips you get sort of dazed and I love it.
These pink and blue ones are my very first attempt. Unfortunately, Lucy isn't as into them as I would like her to be. She'll wear one for a while then take it out. The black and red ones I made seventeen in one night! I told her they were for certain cousins. I had them all hanging on this ribbon. She said to me "How come they get all those, I need some too!"


A while ago Brad and I went out to a restaurant and I ordered Baja Chicken Tacos. They were so yummy! I kept thinking to myself, I can make this! S0 I did! I recreated Baja Chicken Tacos for my family for Savanah's birthday dinner. They were so delicious.


Here is the Birthday girl, Gonnah. That's how Luke pronounces Savanah. She loved the cake. Most of it made it into her mouth. She didn't make that big of a mess.

Birthday Day Cake.
The boys wrote Happy Birthday Savanah. They did really good. They all had so much fun preparing this yummy cake for Savanah. Jaeger had a REALLY hard time eating a pink cake. I told him Savanah really likes that color so he made an exception, but wouldn't touch any leftovers because of the color.

I am extremely lucky to be surrounded by some really good cooks in my ward. I received the frosting recipe from one of the expert cooks in my ward, Joan. I was nervous to tackle it. But, I will never again purchase a white frosting from the store. Its a keeper.

Owen snapped this shot of Savanah. She is standing on the dishwasher and peaking over.

4 comments:

The Gang said...

Dear Savanah,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday baby benana,
Happy Birthday to you.

Good Job Anne. The food looked pretty good and the cake was cute. Cute bows too. Oh, and I won't tell anyone! :)

The Gang said...

Oh and I forgot. Tell Owen I said Good Job on the pictures!

lanita said...

I'm so totally impressed with your bows, Anne. Way to go!!

Anonymous said...

That food looks so good! Although this is a pregnant women talking. I can't believe she is one!!! You are so good at making those bows.