Tuesday, November 3, 2009

October-in a blurrr

So here are my pictures from October. Can you believe its gone already. I've already started my November crafts and projects. We pass by these trees everyday as we go to school. They are so full of color and just beautiful. I wanted Luke and Lucy to notice them change from green, to yellow then orange, red and to drop. I guess I would mention them everyday because Jaeger says to me one morning. "Man, Mom you really do love those trees. Don't ya"
Owen, Jaeger and Luke recouping the day after Halloween. Some lady on our street gave out pumpkin balls (the big one in the picture) They look so happy.

Our Halloween night was interesting. Newman came into town just for the evening. The missionaries stopped by while I was picking Newman up from the airport. So, Brad knowing we can only feed the missionaries on Sunday and Monday thought up a plan to feed them on Friday by telling them a inactive member was going to be at our house for dinner and wanted to know if they would stay.
The miracle of the 5000 took place that night.
I wasn't expecting two hungry missionaries (missionary hungry is different than just hungry). I call it a miracle. We all had enough food to go around.
So this picture with Elder Dahl and Brad is pretty funny and will go down in the Redford History Books. A fire object lesson that went a little haywire. Ask Brad how bad the palm of his hand hurt as a piece of burning fire was on it! So funny.

Luke is showing signs of being potty trained. As of today three straight dry days and nights!!! We had to buzz his hair because he got hold of Dads electric shaver.

Owen, Tom, Andrew and Jaeger.
Hanging out while we watched them for the evening.
This is what you do at a house that has no DS or Wii available to play

Grandma Jac was in town this month. Inspired by Chanin M. making pillow cases with her kids. I let Owen pick out fabric while he tagged along with Grandma and I at Joannes. Of course he picked out some army print and Grandma helped him make it. What does a nine year old do with the scraps?? It helps them sew better.

Happy Birthday Owen.
The day before Halloween Owen turned 9. Two things he wanted for his birthday
a) a BB gun
b)a DS.
Plan b was out of the question. So we got him a BB gun.

What kind of flowers are these?
I need to know. These are a must for next years garden. I love the bright colors and the green leaves are so pretty. So, someone please tell me.

New House.

The backyard aka the selling point of the home.

Owen earned his Wolf in cub scouts. Good Job Owen.

8 comments:

Bri said...

Anne, love your pics! And the house looks great! I soooo need to come by and see it...and you! I feel like it's been forever since I've seen you, then again, Mike and I have been holed up in our place trying to get as much done as possible. :) Hope everything is going well! Call me sometime! :)

Chanin said...

Anne, those flowers are called Nasturtiums. They re-seed and will come back next year!! They may not come back as strong, but they are easy-peasy to grow even from seed. The garden book I have tells you to grow them in the borders of your vegetable garden cause they keep the pests out. And the coolest thing is that the flowers are edible, so you can garnish dishes with the pretty blooms. Look at this site: http://whatscookingamerica.net/EdibleFlowers/EdibleFlowersMain.htm

You can tell I love them too!

Oh, yeah.....yay for pillowcases! That is so cool. Happy Birthday Owen!!

DJ and Melissa said...

Thank you for putting up a pic of the house! It is so cute, I love it and can't wait to come see it!

Child of God said...

Love to see new pictures. Hope to see you guys sooner than later.

kali said...

Your new house looks so cute! I love the picture of your kids after haloween. When I saw the picture of Luke I thought it was Owen for a second. I can't believe how big he is. Also to answer your question you asked on my blog, yes that is Jake and Dane blurred out. Jake was actually working the same time the officer was shot. I was so great full he came home safely to me that night. I need to make a trip to Renton one of these days to see you and your family.

Jon and Amy Duvall said...

Wow! Awesome house!! What a crazy month.

The Gang said...

I thought I commented on this when I read it but I guess not. A BB gun huh!! I have a lot of memories of my little brothers BB gun! Congrats on Luke--Jayda is still not potty trained at night. I had John and Kaylin done before they left and Jayda is still not getting it at night. She sleeps right through it. When we try she comes in my room in the morning so sad because she wants to be a 'big girl' and says "Mom, I'm all wet but I don't remember peeing." We'll get in eventually, hopefully before Savanah is done!! :)

Dawn W said...

Hey, I was just going to tell you that those flowers are Nasturtiums and that they are even edible (a bit peppery), but it looks like someone already beat me to it. Looks like your family is having a great fall - Happy Thanksgiving!