Sunday, December 13, 2009

For Melissa New Mommie To Be

My Sister-in-law, Melissa is expecting her first baby here any day.

Melissa moved in with us as a freshman in college. Brad and I were newly weds, 6months or so at the time. She lived with us when we brought our first born, Owen, home for the first time.
Lots of first here.
So this post is dedicated to her.
I feel bad that I won't be waiting in the waiting room (ya I know the hospital rule, figuratively speaking of course.) when your first born makes His or Her entry into this world.
When I came home from the hospital she baked us a birthday cake for Owen. I won't be awaiting at home with treats for you. (there would be treats!) or help you change diapers or cuddle your "Monster". He or She will just have to wait for me.

But I do hope you know that I will be thinking of you. You'll do great getting that "Monster" out. It won't matter how it comes; natural, epidural, c-section, all that matters is...It will all be worth it. I'm so excited for this special time you are entering. What a Great Mommy you'll be. You can do it.
Picture hearing me in the waiting room laughing. As I heard you.
Picture me peaking in and checking in on you. As you did for me.
Picture me sitting waiting, and waiting, and waiting. As you did for me.
Remember the anticipation you had waiting for little Owen to come home. Picture me waiting (patiently) to hear all the details and hear all about this little "Monster".

My first baby is now Nine years old. Can you believe it has been that long ago? And, yet it seems like yesterday. Savor all these precious moment with this little "Monster". I started a special journal for all my kids. Wrote their birth story, all my feelings and emotions down. Marked milestone, what their temperament was like, future goals and dreams. All in this journal. To help remember everything. Because I suspect things will get a little foggy down the road. Everyone one of my kids is special. But I remember things with the first born that are so vivid as a memory because it was being done for the first time. You'll laugh at some of the things you tried or did and change it up by baby 2 or 3.

They grow so dang fast.
Love it.
Eat it up.
Enjoy the moments.
Good Luck Melissa & DJ.

4 comments:

The Gang said...

Aww..that was nice Anne. I teared up and everything.

DJ and Melissa said...

Yea me too. I had to make DJ read it to me. Thank you Anne! I really appreciate all the things you and Brad have done for me.

Child of God said...

Tear coming out here too!

lanita said...

Beautifully written, Anne. And good luck to Melissa!!!!