Sunday, December 6, 2009

Worst Play Date Ever!!

Lucy has a friend named Morgan. We had her over to play one day after preschool. From their my worst nightmare play date unfolds. I had been in the kitchen baking. And that feeling came over me that Moms usually get when something that's not suppose to be happening is happening. I walked into the bathroom to find locks of hair on the floor. Not, coming from my own daughter. Which in this moment is not a relief but total horror. I look up to find the friend, Morgan completely butchered. Everything inside me sunk; heart, stomach. Doomed. The dread of calling her Mom to tell her, her daughter is sporting a new hairstyle done by two 5 year old girls, giggling in the bathroom.

We have had this girl back over since the "clipping" so her Mom took it better than I had imagined.

Thank Goodness!

3 comments:

The Gang said...

You so should have taken a picture!! I wanna see!!!....So I could feel your pain ya know.

Margaret said...

So, I have to say...when I was little I had a friend over. She had her hair in tight pig tails on the side of her head. We decided to play hair salon and I cut them both off, right at the base of her head. My mom was mortified as well, we got some good pictures of it though. Oddly enough, I can't remember playing with that girl much after that.

Child of God said...

Holy Cow! I guess that is one of those things that will happening just like getting teeth. Your daughter will clip her or anothers hair. I should just plan for it.