Saturday, August 8, 2009

For Family Love

I couldn't sleep. It happens more often than I want. I hate it when I do this but, something will wake me up then my mind takes over and moves a hundred miles per hour and then I just can't go back to sleep. I'm tired, but my mind is moving. My body is telling me to go back to bed.
My mind won the fight this morning.

Some things have come full circle for me as I've been visiting relatives over the scattered weeks.

Think of your childhood. The things you enjoyed as a child, things that you experience with Mom, Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Cousins, Aunts, Uncles. You want your kids to have that, plus more. I have great memories with my family. Playing in the pond, catching poly wogs, star watching, family get togethers (my jello fetish seeded at these events) Its been extra fun this summer knowing my kids will treasure these experiences with their own brothers and sisters and with extended family. I just makes me smile. And I can't help but think of my memories spending with family. And it brings me joy as I know they are making memories. And more than just memories but the love they feel as they are around each different family.

It's important to put aside differences, hold the tongue or the opinion and just enjoy each other. Some times you just have to let it all go under the bridge. Every family is different, we all do things a our own way and it may be a little strange to others. But I guess that's what makes a family dynamic fun.

This summer has made me want to be a better Wife, Mom, Sister, Cousin, Aunt, Daughter, Daugther-in-law, and friend. I love the feeling of being with family.

Being tucked away in a city, far from family, I've learned family isn't just direct blood lines, but we belong to a big Heavenly Family. I'm thankful for the friends that do "family things" with us too. They will be apart of our "family" memories too.

I guess what I am expressing is I have a testimony that we belong to a Heavenly Family. We are all apart of the same Heavenly Family. We have a Heavenly Father and Mother. Families are important. And our own individual families can be together forever. And the joy I feel here with my earthly family as I talked about above must intensify a thousand times over in the celestial kingdom. This is why we must work so hard to keep it together, ALL of us together so we can live with that feeling for all eternity. What joy. I know Heavenly Father has made this possible for us to achieve. As a little girl Heavenly Father blessed me with this knowledge and planted it my heart early and line upon line it has grown. As I get older He gives me another glimpse of what eternity should be like. I know what goal I want. I am thankful for my family.

5 comments:

The Gang said...

Good Job Anne. Ditto! At least you stay awake and think about good things! Mine lately have been horrible, I don't think I've slept more than a couple hours at a time. Missing John and Kaylin more than I thought I would. Thanks for reminding me I won't have to worry about this stuff when our life is over!! I know I'll see them and they'll understand someday. I still feel they are where they are meant to be but I wish terribly things were different!! I just miss them!! On a different note I have a website I think you would really like- theribbonretreat.com
I love the bug bows!! Scroll down to free hair bow instructions then scroll down to little bug bows and click on it twice. Voila!! The cutest bows ever!

Child of God said...

Anne I am so glad you are part of our family and that you have brought your children into this family. Like you said all the dynamics of each family make the family as a whole a lot more fun. Love you and your family.

Tabatha said...

love it, i have been having the same thing go on in my family, i just wish mine would be the one to put the water under the bridge, its sad, i just posted something similar like this on my blog a few days ago,

lanita said...

Thanks for sharing your insights, Anne. Thank goodness for family! I know this is late in coming, but I love your family picture on your banner (is that what's it called?). It should be blown up and framed in your home, if it's not already!

Emily said...

Ann do you need some park ideas still? sorry, I spaced it. Let me know if you do, i have some!