Man, what a good day.
Today, instead of driving to pick up the boys from school, we walked. The boys and I planned this on Wednesday. I have been wanting to do this for a while. It was sunny. It was a good Friday treat. I even had an extra kid. You cut threw the "back yard" of the high school which is the track field and tennis court area to get to the Elementary. Might I add that this is the most secluded track field I've have ever been too. And the path you follow is lined with blackberries.
I love to walk and I just really enjoyed it today. I find it interesting that we were walking home at dusk. We had white cold breath. I pointed out to the kids the beautiful orange sunset. I need more daylight time. Sunset at 4:30/5:00 is killing me. Anyway that great big hill on the way home wasn't that bad. Having two tired girls lagging behind really helped me too. I really do live in a green lush beautiful area.
When we first moved here we only had one car and we were living in Mission Ridge. Brad had taken the car for work and park at the park in ride. Some time in the morning I decided I was missing the car and was going to walk down and get it. So I did. I packed up Owen, Jaeger and Lucy in my SUV stroller, walked down Petrovitsky to Benson walked all the way down Benson, which is a really long stretch of road. I remember thinking it was never going to end. I went under the freeway overpass by the Triton towers (by sams) and over to the car. Thats like a 3 mile walk. It really seems longer in the car though. And its all down hill. We had so much fun.
I used to take long walks all the time. So it was great today to get out and take a walk. It might not have been a long walk but with 6 kids, that made up for the distance.
I think I shall do it again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I love long walks too, but not in the cold. Anne you are amazing though to be taking three kids on a 3 mile walk.
Post a Comment